Vision: I Care!
- to make sure every student at Ellis feels comfortable, included and safe so they can thrive in their learning environment.
- to support the collaboration of parents and staff positively within the school environment
- Individual Meetings with students, parents and staff
- Small Groups - teaching students different skills on different topics in a small setting
- Classroom Lessons - to teach students the different areas from the school counselor program curriculum that cover academic development, personal/social development and career development.
School Counselor – Mrs. McDonald
Hours: M-F from 8:45 to 3:45
The Philosophy of the Ellis Elementary School Counseling program holds the belief that school counseling is an essential and integral part of the overall education process. The program is built on the assumption that educational, career, and personal objectives are attainable with school counseling support. Growth and learning are developmental; therefore, school counseling programs must be developmental and sequential.
The developmental school counseling program will provide:
- Supportive networks for all students, K-5, that include parents, school staff, and community members.
- Opportunities for all students to receive counseling and classroom lessons in the academic, career, and personal/social domains.
- Support for students to develop positive attitudes and skills to become productive citizens.
- The dignity and culture of all students is respected and valued.
- The school counselors will use data to continuously improve the school-counseling program.
- The school counselors will proactively act as advocates for all students.
- The school counselors will collaborate with families, staff, and community resources to assist with student development.